|Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos|
Annoyed at the lack of categories that I 'need' to vote in in the rather fun and awesome Mad Blog Awards, and spurred on by Mamacrow, I created an alternative version!
And now the nominations are in! - where there is more than one blog nominated in a category I've started a poll so you can vote. (Click the category title to vote - only one vote per category please!)
You don't have to read all the blogs of course - but to be honest you'd be a fool not to. I have not described every blog so you can make the discovery and the choice of who to vote for, all alone. Enjoy (Voting Closes 17th Feb 2013)
Were you nominated? Do you wonder who nominated you and why? Maybe they left a comment here but maybe it's a secret!
Without further ado......
For Best Animal Blog
1. http://marleyandlola.blogspot.co.uk/ A blog by a dog, very funny and surprisingly well written for one with paws. Sadly Marley, the doggie author, went to the big rabbit chasing field in the sky recently, but he has servants (and a toy dog) that keep up the good work. Genuinely worth a look.
2. http://www.mummy-tips.com A new one to me - Cats being a running theme I'm told...
3. http://www.somebunnyscreation.com/index.html Cooking with Rabbits - genius - no words do this justice!!
For Weirdest Blog
1. http://odditiesoflondon.blogspot.co.uk/ If you like weird things, taxidermy and London then I suggest you need to follow this blog as it contains all of these!
2. http://www.tjjfp.com/ A new blog to me - looks interesting. Flash fiction stories with a 500 word limit.
3. http://www.theskullillusion.com/ Warning:Blog contains dead people, This blog is surprisingly subtle, often quite touching, yet slightly macabre. Not for the faint hearted, but a fascinating look at death and how we perceive it
4. http://www.violetfenn.com Another blog for me to explore, zombies you say?
For Blog that has made me cry the most this year
Take tissues, I can't describe each blog but they are guaranteed to make you weep. (interestingly this was the most 'popular' category for votes! Maybe Kleenex could sponsor this category in the MADs next year
For Best Political Parent Blog
A Blog that rants as well as me yet manages to also encompass political sense. Add to your reading list.
2. daddacool.co.uk (a new one to me - must go read! who doesn't love a good political blog!
For Craziest Family as demonstrated by antics on Blog
For Blog that has the cutest family
For Most Positive Blog/Feel Good Blog
Want to feel better about yourself? Need a pick me up - these are blogs to brighten a day.
For Blog with the best life advice
The *£!*$ Award for the Blog with the best use of Profanities
For Blog that once made me nearly wee laughing
For the Best Non-Uk based blog (blogger may or may not be British)
For Blog with no theme but I just love it so there
For Best Music Blog
For Best New Music Blog
For Best blog with 'Aftershave' & 'Whiskey' in the title (I have suspicions this category is a fix!)
The 'I survived his shite and came out incredible and fabulous' blog award
For Bravest Blog
1. http://poundofcheese.blogspot.co.uk/ Amazing blog sharing a momentous journey "Hello, I am 31 and have been suffering with anorexia / bulimarexia for the last 12 years."
1. http://fudgecrumpet.blogspot.co.uk/ Self nominated - say no more
Best Impersonation on a Blog (no idea what this means!)
Mid-Life Blog Crisis - for bloggers who change blogs more than once a year
http://www.notsupermum.com/ (haha 2 nominations for this blog!!)